St Andrews Ulraine Cemetery is located in S Bound Brook right on the Raritan river. The ornate church the church was erected as a monument to those Ukrainians who died in the quest for liberty and national independence for their homeland – and especially to the 7 million victims of Stalin’s planned annihilation of the Ukrainian nation, the Great Famine of 1932-33. It is the only monument dedicated to these victims. “The memorial church is a very modest cross on the graves of the millions of victims of the Great Famine – the graves that were plowed under by the enemy.” These were the words of Archbishop Mstyslav of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church on October 10, 1965, the day of the dedication of St. Andrew’s Memorial Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
It is the only monument dedicated to these victims. On St. Thomas Sunday, or “Providna Nedilia,” thousands gather at the center to honor the dead.